All TAFE teachers employed in stand-alone institutes are covered by MEA 2018, which came into force on 19 October 2018. Its measures « are in line with the educational agreements agreed in the agreement that all TAFE CEOs signed in 2018, » Peace said. TAFE`s Victoriaville teachers in stand-alone institutes are covered by the 2018 TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement (MEA 2018). Several TAFE institutes met last week to ask the Fair Labour Committee to amend the text of the current multi-company agreement they signed in October last year to clarify that classroom evaluation should not be taken into account during school hours. A teacher at the Bendigo Kangan Institute, who requested anonymity, said that after the move, class hours had gone from an average of 21 hours per week, from 21 hours a week to 27 to 30 hours of classes for many teachers, as stipulated in the enterprise agreement. The Federation, Victoria University, Swinburne University and RMIT TAFEs did not join the other institutes to rewrite the labour agreement. « Victorian Prime Minister Daniel Andrews was elected with a promise to save TAFE, but it appears that his government does not support TAFE teachers and is ready to allow TAFE CEOs to undermine the agreement. » We have created webinars to support the implementation and declaration of the agreement. Click below, and searh for TAFE-specific training to access these recordings. Several of TAFE`s national institutes have applied to Fair Work to tear up their employment contracts with teachers and force teachers to spend more hours of personal instruction. Your enterprise agreement defines the terms and conditions of your work, including your compensation, leave, work settlement and dispute resolution process.

Under the four-year working agreement signed last October, a TAFE teacher`s time in the classroom is limited to 800 hours per year, while class planning and evaluation hours are limited to 400 hours. If an enterprise agreement is in effect, the premium does not apply. « This agreement is a significant win for Victoria`s TAFEs and the communities that rely on them, » said Meredith Peace, President of the AEU Victorian Branch. « Defamation of teachers is one of the biggest problems of FAS. » This agreement puts an end to this trend and ensures that thousands of temporary and casual workers will be offered safer jobs. According to the union, the employees of an institute, Bendigo Kangan, have already been transferred to this position. Victorian TAFE teachers are covered by the 2010 Post-Secondary Education Award. « It seems that TAFE CEOs, if they sign a contract, do not intend to abide by it. » The AEU commits that funding subject to compensatory measures for vocational training should be limited to a maximum of 30% of the total budget, with the remaining 70% earmarked for the provision of the public by asSDs. In May, Prime Minister Daniel Andrews capped the laboratories` commitment to the Victorian TAFE system. Credit: Joe Armao Join Put Education First – and call on the government to allocate 70% of public funds to our public TAFE system.

Peace said TAFE`s Victorian teachers « will become the lowest paid among the highest paid in the country as a result of this agreement. » Workers are paid the appropriate salary for their classification. Can`t find the answer you need? Our Member Support Center (MSC) knows your rights and rights by heart! She added: « Now that we have certainties for teachers, we must ensure that at least two-thirds of public funds for vocational training are paid to FASD. » Sign up to access information about your salaries and conditions, update your personal and financial data, read the latest news for your industry, learn about future career development and much more.